Wednesday, December 13, 2006

December 10th: No one ever say's "When I grow up I wanna be a Shriner!" ...

Just this past Saturday, I sat in the Ararat Shriners Temple listening to a seminar on how to buy a home. I had to. The guy next to me had been smoking a significant amount of weed right before joining the rest of us, who were required to sit through the whole drama. Doing so meant we all would receive 100 percent financing on a future home purchase at a 6% fixed interest rate. Yeah, it's a good deal, so now ya know why we went. Anyway, I nominated my pot smoking friend as the new potentate of the Shriner's temple. The little old men in their red thimble looking hats with the oversized, hanging tassels did not seem amused. I gave my hat back and left quietly, my dreams dashed.

2 comments:

Kelsey Bohlender said...

Yeah, but they get to drive those fun little cars in all the parades!

Tracie said...

I think John and Randy would look smashing in those little beanies and tiny cars!
Now since I don't have any idea the spiritual darkness that might be surrounding the shriners, or what they even do, we'd better hold off getting them beanies for christmas.
But it's still a riot to visualize! Cracks me right up at least!