Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mr. Brain Storm

So I'm in the process of recording guitar parts on two CD's at the moment- one with Nate Panke and the other with Dave Campbell. I was rehearsing with Dave on Tuesday along with the other members in the band- Paco, Josh Motlong, and Adam- when Dave suddenly asked me, "So, John, do you have any ideas?"

Dave often goes around the room and asks the different players what they think of the arrangements and if they have ideas or opinions.

When he asked me this, I drew a blank. Now, understand, I've been going non-stop for a couple weeks now and my brain was fried.

I simply looked at him and said without hesitation, "Dude, I have so many good ideas, I'm just not feeling released to share any of them with you."

Hey, when in doubt, blame the Holy Spirit, yo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah, that's a good one! I am thinking that could apply well to doing chores too.

"Laundry? Hmm.. I'm just not feeling released to do that right now..."

Randy Bohlender said...

This is sort of like the IHOP girl who suddenly decides on a season of consecration when asked out by the wrong guy....