Thursday, April 24, 2008

And the Scales Tip

So we're all driving in the van on the way to Deanna Rose Farmstead. It's a beautiful Saturday, 70 degrees, blue skies- happy family time. Out of the blue my oldest son Nick who is 15 says, "Mom, is Dad ever right and you're wrong?"

I simply smiled quietly to myself and thought, "My, justice comes swiftly."

I turned to him and said, "Hmmm, you noticed that too, eh?"

Of course, these moments are very rare, and I've learned not to jump on them and ride them for all they're worth. I've learned to celebrate them quietly, as to not ruin the rest of the outing.

2 comments:

Tracie said...

I'm very happy to admit when I am wrong. The two times it has happened I have done it with great humility.

Anonymous said...

Hah! Zinger!

I too have no problem admitting when I am wrong. I just don't usually admit it out loud, or when anyone is in the room.